Tuesday, July 10, 2012

signature dish

picture by andrea from her DALS book

andrea texted me yesterday to tell me that i had been published.  it seems that my kale, sausage, and bean stew recipe, that won a contest over at dinner a love story blog,  had now been published in the dinner a love story cookbook.  and let me tell you...that made my day!!  i have a huge crush on DALS and what jenny + andy talk about over there...so to have my go-to dish in jenny's book made me more than happy. a few asked for it yesterday, so here it is, my signature dish. also you can go here to see the recipe at dinner a love story. if you aren't already a regular reader of the DALS blog, i suggest you become one today.

sausage, bean, and kale stew 
 2-4 italian sausage links, cut
1 onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
32 oz. of chicken or vegetable broth
salt
pepper
crushed red pepper
shredded parmesan
crusty bread
in a pot or dutch oven, heat oil and add sausage and onion.  cook until onions are soft and sausage is cooked through.  add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.  add broth, tomatoes, and beans. bring to a boil, reduce heat, and begin to add kale.  cook until kale begins to wilt and becomes bright green.  simmer for about 15 more minutes.  season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.  serve with parmesan and crusty bread.  enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Love that you posted this and I'm a little horrified that I didn't let you know myself. (I could've sworn I did!) I'm so sorry that you had to find out from "andrea!"

    Well anyway, everyone else on this blog, please make this recipe. It is killer and one we fall back on all the time! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, jenny! no worries who told me...either way it made my day. i'm so glad you like it and still make it. thank you!

    ReplyDelete