Wednesday, December 14, 2011

i got what i wanted and there was no parade

ever since the season ended early for clementine's produce and provisions i have had ideas percolating. i wasn't sure where i would end up after everything ended. i bounced around, sat in despair, hibernated, and then all the sudden i got what i wanted all along. my sole job now is being a stay at home mother to hendrix. i haven't had only one job since i was 19. i got what i always wanted and there was no parade. i didn't know how meaningful or funny those words would be when i first uttered them to my therapist and then to my close mom friend. but it's true. i think most women i know spend their twenties having a good time with friends, hoping to fine the ONE. i always wanted children and wanted to stay at home with them even if i didn't always admit it. perhaps that's why i never made serious career moves. see: was a waitress for over 10 years. yikes.
so i started another blog to journal my thoughts...then i never updated it.  i like this blog better, anyway. so now this blog, the one i always loved, will be the journal as i think about what it is i want, what i like, and what i am good at. i have spent since july trying to improve myself ---not overextending myself or my family and being kinder to myself. at this point in the great recovery of 2011, i still believe you should do what you love. so i am going to share with you all what i love and we will see where it takes us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment