Wednesday, September 21, 2011

thankful + recipe

today is much chiller and much more fall.  it is reminding me that with fall, we have harvest and with harvest we have the feeling of gratitude.  here is what/who i am thankful for today. . .

my lovely hendrix in all of his two year old glory---it is really a glorious age
blocks, tractors, and playdough littering my house---it means there is life and love here
tazo tea with honey and milk
mike---who makes all of my dreams come true
my mom friends, andrea + summer---they keep it real folks
fall clothes
pretty blogs and pinterest
melinda + gma---huge helpers while mike is out of town
constant change---it keeps us on our toes

this chili recipe. . .
anna's chili for mike
1 lb. ground meat, browned
2 cans (28 oz. total) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 c. chili powder
2 T. cumin
1 onion, chopped
mix this all together and add up to one can of water, if need be.  cook on low in crockpot for 6-8 hours.  (i had frozen tomatoes from the garden, frozen homemade tomato soup, and frozen, cooked beans on hand so i used that today - just use what you have and adjust measurements)
serve with cheddar, sour cream, and cornbread.  enjoy!

i hope you are feeling thankful today. xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. Anna,
    Your blog always brings a smile, and makes me happy. I am so glad you are doing so well and
    enjoying life! Sorry I never made it out to help this season... too many other things on the plate. Wish you the best.
    Drew

    ReplyDelete