Thursday, January 16, 2014

simple spaghetti with kale, lemon, and garlic | pinterest test

January is the month of new beginnings and resolutions, but it is also the month the seed catalogs arrive with mammoth force. Seed catalogs make me long for Spring and make it very difficult for me to stay in the moment. I have lists upon lists laying about planning our garden, spring cleaning, and the kids' birthdays. I have paint chips on the front door. I'm constantly looking into the future in January. It's time for me to take a deep breath. Whew.
This recipe I made several times last Spring. It is one of those few Pinterest recipes that comes out spectacular the first time. It's a great one for the days when it seems the greens won't stop coming or even when you forgot a bunch in the fridge. It's also great when you long for Spring, as I am now. My husband loved it as a side to a grilled steak. It is, however, a wonderful main dish. Adjust the quantities of the ingredients based on how many eaters you have and your taste.
...
Simple Spaghetti with Kale, Lemon and Garlic
Adapted from Jess Thomson
Spaghetti
Kale
Olive Oil
Garlic, sliced thin
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan
Juice from fresh lemon
Prepare spaghetti. When it is almost done, saute kale in olive oil until almost crisp. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Drain pasta and add kale. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and parmesan. Serve immediately and dream of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment