Tuesday, November 20, 2012

thankful tuesdays

good advice if you are preparing the feast.

we're all thankful for something this time of year. hopefully.  even in my family's darkest moments we have found gratitude.  i know this year has been full of ups and downs for everyone including my family.  i do hope that we all have a chance to gather on thursday, eat good food, and take a moment to give thanks.  here's what i am most thankful for...


  • my husband, my son, and the growing, very hungry baby in my belly 
  • the super folks  heroes at the heart ministry center that delivered thanksgiving meals for over 400 families in the omaha metro last saturday
  • my brother and his family who are making our thanksgiving feast
  • all the coats the preschool parents, parishioners, and CCD children at our preschool collected for the heart ministry center's clients
  • my MIL is getting better everyday and can use a walker and get herself out of chairs.  she'll be home in a couple of weeks!!
  • that i live a world where a parent can overcome his greatest grief to celebrate his children and make life better for other kids through art.
  • that it is tuesday which means it only two more days to my favorite holiday!!
have a happy thanksgiving all!
.....
feeling guilty about all the yummy food? drink a smoothie.  smoothies solve almost all problems.

blueberry banana smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 c. frozen blueberries
1 1/2 T/ ground flax seed
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1/2 - 3/4 c. milk 
blend together in blender and feel the guilt melt away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment