Tuesday, July 27, 2010

kids make you. . .

1. eat better. this morning i wanted to have a piece of cake for breakfast, but hendrix was there so i didn't. i ate scrambled eggs, blueberries, and whole wheat toast instead. you see, if hendrix sees you eating or drinking something. . .he wants it. has to have it. so, in an effort to not allow hendrix to eat unfilling junk food i have to always think twice before i pour myself a coke. or munch on baked goods.
2. wear a swimsuit. lucky for me, they make you want to eat better, too. prior to having hendrix i had not worn a swimsuit for something like 8 years. mostly, because i am see through and i didn't want to scare children at the public pool. and because i thought i was fat. now hendrix wants to go to the pool. and the city requires everyone who enters to be wearing a swimsuit. weird rule, but forces me to step outside of my comfort zone.
3. appreciate your body. prior to having hendrix i thought i was fat. then i got pregnant and experienced what fat really is. not that we're fat when we are pregnant, but we are large and in charge. our body can't do what it could do before. like tie our own shoes, for instance. but most importantly, pregnancy allows you to see what you can really do. for me, i could handle being sick for weeks, constant anxiety when i was diagnosed with preeclampsia, a thirty hour labor, a c-section, and sleep deprivation. before pregnancy i could barely handle being hungover. post pregnancy i realized i could grow a HUMAN. and not just any human. a HENDRIX! i look at my body with such appreciation now. i no longer think i am fat. i think i am highly functioning, efficient MILF.
4. want to have more kids.
i realize this is not a solely food related post, but i am feeling a bit nostalgic today. so thanks for indulging me.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Annie. And I laughed out loud with your see through reference. Yay. Keep posting. And now that I live here (though don't yet have a kitchen here!), I want to buy my food from you. And I want to live in a farmhouse. Except one with AC. This bitch gets hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, annie! i do recommend a farmhouse with ac. it's way better that way.

    ReplyDelete