Friday, September 9, 2011

be kind

as i get farther along in my journey as a mother and a partner i am learning more and more about the smoke and mirrors.  the smoke and mirrors that mothers and couples put up for each other and other people.  i have a really bad habit of comparing myself to other people.  my inner dialogue is not always kind to me. after i really came to terms with how overextended i had made my life. . .i realized that i needed to be kinder to myself.  it is only then that i can be kinder to the most important people in my life.  and when i fumble i need to forgive myself and get over it.  just get over it.  stop playing the same movie about what i could of done differently in my head.  mothers are really tough on themselves.  women by nature are.  we can also be very judgy of one another.  which brings me back to the smoke and mirrors.  that woman that i think has it all. . .the one with the great house that is clean, the smart kids, the nice husband.  you all know the one.  turns out, she has days where she acts like a crazy person when she can't get the smart kids out the door because they are dilly-dallying with the nice husband.  we all have days where we aren't perfect. so be kind to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment