Sunday, January 26, 2014

one pot wonder | black beans and kielbasa


This is one of those recipes that I don't make enough. It is always a winner and calls on ingredients I always have in my house. Luckily, my people like beans so I incorporate those cheap suckers into any meal I can. I came across this in an Everyday Food magazine years ago and have been making a variation ever since. This will take you about 35 minutes from start to finish so it's a perfect weeknight pantry meal.
....
Black Beans and Kielbasa
Olive Oil
1 lb of beef or turkey kielbasa, cut up
3 carrots, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper
2 (15.5 oz) cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
2 C chicken broth
Small handful of chopped parsley
Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
In Dutch oven, heat oil and add carrots and onion. Cook until onions are soft. Add sausage and brown. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour beans and broth into mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender.  Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment