Monday, February 10, 2014

top 10 {new} crockpot recipes

About a year and half ago, I sent Jenny at DALS an email with my Top Ten Crockpot Recipes for Parents.  Clearly, people were looking for some tried and true crockpot recipes because that post and my Korean Ribs continue to be the most popular reads on this site. It goes to show you that reaching out and sharing is always a good thing. And since I am a crockpot junkie I am always trying new recipes. So, in the spirit of sharing, here are ten more tried and true crockpot recipes. The following have all been winners and have made the "on rotation" list.

spaghetti squash and meatballs ready to go in the crockpot


Here are my ten {new} favorites for parents or novice crockpotters:

Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs (so stupid simple)
Lentil and Sausage Stew (great way to introduce lentils)
Chicken Taco soup (party winner!)
Corn Chowder with Shrimp (Hendrix's fav)
Veggie Lasagna (only time cheese and my crockpot work together)
Holiday Ham (see below)
Franks and Beans (the boys' favorite and my favorite for summer)
Salisbury Steak (a mike favorite and winter keeper)
Black Bean, Barley, and Corn Burritos (great vegetarian options, but adjust seasonings to your tastes)
Banana Bread (yes, bread)

.....

Holiday Ham
After trying a few different crockpot ham recipes I found this way works the best for me.  You'll want to use the largest crockpot and tent foil if the lid does not go on all the way.  This ham makes an appearance at most of our gatherings...from Baptisms to Christmas. It couldn't be easier. 

1 good quality, spiral cut, bone in ham
1 c. Maple Syrup
3/4 cup Brown Sugar,
Pepper, to taste
Water
Place ham in crockpot. Drizzle maple syrup all over.  Sprinkle brown sugar and pepper on top.  Pat into ham.  Pour about 1/2 cup of water into bottom of crockpot.  Cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until heated through.  Do not over cook.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment